I have noticed phones with a handset (like the one in the image) have a little cover that resembles something like a cold camera shoe under the bottom of the handset’s top speaker holder. Is there a use for it? It has a line bump in the middle, but it doesn’t go all the way from both sides, it leaves a gap. I have also seem some of them have extra space on the top of the cover, and some don’t.

  • Echo Dot
    325 months ago

    Lots of people in this thread answering the question but they’re kind of just guessing what you’re talking about.

    Perhaps you could circle the bit in question because it’s either a holder for the headset or a way to mount the entire device onto a wall or something else depending on if we’ve interpreted your words correctly.